Welcome to the Website of Ellen P. Lacter, Ph.D.
I am a psychologist who has been profoundly touched by victims of ritual abuse and mind control whom I have treated in therapy or befriended as an advocate. I feel compelled to increase public support for these children and adult survivors. This is my mission.
Let the truth be known!
This site will provide articles by myself and others, references to other resources, and links to information and support on the world-wide web. Advocates for victims of ritual abuse are frequent targets of malicious attack. Therefore, I cannot and do not endorse opinions provided or referred to on this site other than my own.
Dr. Lacter’s psychotherapy practice:
The Center for Play and Art Therapy
Publications by Ellen Lacter, Ph.D.
- Lacter, E. (2011). Torture-based Mind Control: Psychological Mechanisms and Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Overcoming Mind Control. In O.B. Epstein, J. Schwartz, R. Wingfield (Eds.), Ritual Abuse and Mind Control: The Manipulation of Attachment Needs. London: Karnac.
- Lacter, E. & Lehman, K. (2008). Guidelines to Differential Diagnosis between Schizophrenia and Ritual Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress. In J.R. Noblitt & P. Perskin (Eds.), Ritual Abuse in the Twenty-first Century: Psychological, Forensic, Social and Political Considerations, pp. 85-154. Oregon: Robert D. Reed Publishers.
- Lacter, E. (2008). Mind Control: Simple to Complex. In A. Sachs & G. Galton (Eds). Forensic Aspects of Dissociative Identity Disorder. London: Karnac.
- Lacter, E. & Lehman, K (2008). Guidelines to Diagnosis of Ritual Abuse/Mind Control Traumatic Stress. Attachment – New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis. Volume 2, July 2008.
- Lacter, E, (2006). Chapter in Forgiveness and Child Abuse: Would You Forgive, by Lois Einhorn. Midpoint Trade Books: New York.
Modified: June 30